Best Laptop For Computer Science Students
Top-10 Best Laptop For Computer Science Students reviewed - 2022 update
Mobility is important in every field of human activity. This also applies to IT professionals.
The work of many people is associated with trips to other cities and countries, where it is necessary to share the results of their work and exchange experiences. The choice of a high-quality and functional laptop, which has recently been practically keeping up with desktop computers, is very important for a system engineer. The ranking of the best laptops for computer science students (best laptop for computer science students) will help you make the right choice.
What characteristics to consider when choosing
When choosing a laptop, specialists need to pay attention to some important criteria that will affect the final result:
- Screen. First of all, attention is drawn to the dimensions of the display. The more, the better and easier to work with. Therefore, many experts prefer models with a screen of 15 inches or more.
- Keyboard. For an IT specialist, the keyboard is no less important. The buttons should be with a small stroke, which will speed up typing. Also, the sound while touching the keys should not be too loud. The main advantage of some models is the presence of an island layout of the backlit keyboard. This allows you to work at any time of the day or night in a dark room.
- Permission. It is best to choose FullHD (1920 by 1080 pixels). A display with a glossy matrix should immediately be excluded from the list, since the matte matrix affects the eyes less, therefore, they will be less tired. This factor is very significant, since programmers spend a lot of time on their work. It is also necessary to provide for the connection of other monitors, but many modern models have such capabilities.
- Battery. Battery capacity is important for those who often travel from laptops to business meetings and presentations. Charging should last for several hours of use. Many models are able to work autonomously for 8 hours or more.
- Disk. The capacity must be chosen depending on the preferences and tasks to be dealt with. With sufficient capacity, applications will be able to run smoothly, launch and switch quickly.
- Processor and memory. A laptop for professionals should be powerful, so the choice should be made in favor of at least 2-core processors. RAM must be at least 8 GB.
See also https://apple.com/ website.
Dell XPS 15
Another powerful machine. Perhaps it is one of the best developments of Dell. Users can count on good acoustics, an improved keyboard, and a large and comfortable touchpad. Characteristics:
- improved 4-core Intel 9th generation processor;
- bright 15-inch display with a good resolution with an aspect ratio of 16 to 10;
- high autonomy - up to 18 hours of use;
- RAM - up to 8 GB, built-in - up to 256 GB;
- Capacious battery - charging is enough for 10 working hours.
- The only thing that can disappoint users is heating and noise during prolonged use.
Acer Aspire 5Slim
Relatively inexpensive model is attractive with restrained design and slim body. This laptop for computer science students is a reflection of a successful combination of weight, display, graphics, performance. Main characteristics:
- RAM - up to 8 GB, built-in - 1000 GB;
- weight - 2 kg;
- the battery is able to hold a charge up to 7 hours - a relatively small figure compared to other models, but for short trips this will be quite enough;
- 15.6 inch screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
What is Computer Science (CS)
Computer Science is the science of the methods and processes of collecting, storing, processing, transmitting, analysing and evaluating information using computer technology to enable its application for decision-making. In Russia, Computer Science is referred to as computer science, but the term may be used differently depending on the context.
There are similar fields such as data science or software engineering. Some of these may be considered part of Computer Science, but there is still a difference in terms: Computer Science is a broader concept. They study computer technology and information representation as a whole, rather than individual areas such as development.
A deep understanding of Computer Science requires a good mathematical apparatus. Unlike many applied IT fields, this field is strongly related to mathematics. Computer Science can be studied in higher education, in technical specialities dealing with information technology. But you can also learn it on your own.